1. Who is Custom Made Corsets and Carnival Supplies? Was this one persons brainchild or the product of several people?
Custom Made Carnival Supplies (formally Custom Made Corsets and Carnival Supplies) is a carnival oriented company geared towards helping those person who need that extra peice to compliment their costumes.
CMCS is the brainchild of a few friends who continuously had to create corsets simply because, the mas camp didn’t provide the option. After being repeatedly approached by masquesraders year after year with questions such as: Where did you buy that? How come you got that option with your costume? – we decided that it was time to extend our services.
2. Where are you based?
We are based in Trinidad which is our primary location and Antigua.
3. Did you have any special training? where u part of a band design team?
Our team has a combination of over 20 years experience in costume design and a broad imagination when it comes to carnival.
4. Which carnivals have you done work for?To date we’ve done peices for Ottawa, Toronto, Barbados, Antigua and Trinidad of course and still growing.
5. Do you have one piece that you would call your best work?
Each peice we produce is just as great as the next, so we really can’t call one item our ‘best work’.
6.What is the main limitation for your business (whats holding you back)?
As funny as it may seem our main limitation is not owning an airline to control our deliveries i.e. speed up the process and ensure out products are handled with care, maybe someone reading this will donate one lol. Besides that we let nothing hold us back!
7. Where do you get the components from?
Most of our materials are purchased locally in Trinidad.
8. Would you consider doing your own section in a smaller carnival, say ….Jamaica?
Of course we will consider and with you being the inaugural person with this proposal AND the blogger this would be most possible with your help.
Here is a breakdown of some of the services offered by CMCCS:
– Wire bra – depends on frame and bra size USD40-75
– Backpacks – depends on size USD100 and up
– Collars – depends on size USD75 and up
– Custom made corsets USD37 upwards
– Decorated regular bras USD37-70
– Monokini’s USD40-80
– Monokini (with wire bra) USD50-80
– Tiara (Headpc) Depends on frame
– Boot (decorated and undecorated) From USD40
– Underwear (Hot shorts and panties) Depends on size.
From a man’s point of view I can certainly say I hope to see many more women rocking wire bras and other custom goodies for the road next year. One step closer to the bejewelled Tapasexo for the road:)
For you iPhone and iPad users I have good and bad news. The bad news is that I screwed up the backend for the lehwegoapp so you will never see any updates for it in the future and over time I will update it less and less. The good news is I have made a new version of the app “lehwegoPRO”. Still FREE..but much, much, much better. I think its ready to submit to apple so I will take this week figuring out apples INSANELY complex submittion process and get it out as soon as possible. You will all Love it!
click this to follow us on twitter——–>