You know it’s almost carnival when:
1. You walk past chocolate bars and potato chips like they were poison.
2 . You get to the gym on time and do extra.
3. Constant dreams/nightmares about being unable to find your band on carnival day.
4. Your finances are organised around your trip… Not vice versa.
5. You find yourself practising your wine in the mirror (more than usual).
6. Every stress that occurs you let it slide and work with it… #carnivaliscoming
7. The bank and Western Union security and staff know you by first name.
8. You start working out twice a day.
9. You start making your packing list….in Microsoft Excel.
10. You start looking at the sneakers in your closet wondering….Which one’s will be sacrificed for Jouvert this year.
11. You visit Carnival related sites first thing in the morning, while eating your lunch, and right before bed.
12. You start typing up your resignation letter just in case your work place doesn’t approve you vacation.
13. You resign because your work place didn’t approve your vacation.
14. You start recalculating when your period is due…just in case (only applies to women).
15. You start finding it hard to sleep because you’re getting excited…
16. You start counting calories.
17. You stop counting calories cause, S%%t, you’re gonna just drink them back once the feteing starts!
18. You keep refreshing Julians Promos on youtube to see what new songs buss.
19. You walk with an extra cell phone battery because your Carnival Whatsapp group is insane!
20. You catch yourself wining in the Gym…..with people watching.
21. You drive, and even walk slowly and carefully to avoid injury….and if someone at work even LOOKS sick you hold your breath when near them and DONT TOUCH DOORKNOBS!
22. You stop using words like “Monday” and replace them with “15 days to go!”
23. When you can’t help but play Soca in your head, while you shower, on the toilet, in the car, at home, at work, at the gym, while you clean