First things first. We have less than 100 days to carnival. It will take a gargantuan effort to get into truly awe inspiring shape if you haven’t already started. For those who are well on your ways…I salute you!
Today I’m am going to give you a little insight into how my carnival training looks. At first, writing this felt like I was giving away my secrets but tips for staying healthy and keeping in shape should not be kept secret.
Please remember I use a personal trainer to guide me and I eat appropriately to support this activity level. I use a weight that allows me to make it to about 80% of the target reps and the trainer helps with the rest.
- Shoulder press 3 sets ( reps are always 16, 14 then 10 reps)
- Lateral flies 3 sets
- Cable pulls for rear deltoids 3 sets
- Leg extension 3 sets
- Hack squat machine 3 sets
- Leg press (or squats if my back doesn’t give out) 3 sets
- Straight legged dead lifts 3 sets
- Hamstring curls 3 sets
- Seated calf raises 3 sets
- Standing calf raises 3 sets
- Dumbbell bench press 3 sets
- Inclined dumbbell press 3 sets
- Decline dumbbell press 3 sets
- T bar rows 3 sets
- Lat pull downs 3 sets
- Seated rows 3 sets
- Seated dumbbell curls 3 sets
- Seated curls using a curl bench 3 sets
- Triceps pull downs 3 sets
- Nose breakers 3 sets
HIIT the hill with Kevin Wallen at mountain springs
Repeat Tuesday workout
Repeat Monday’s workout
…HIIT the hill again
In January I will start doing more cardio to try to burn off some fat
For the gym addicts reading this I assure you that although less total sets are done for hamstrings, calves and arms the intensity level with my personal trainer is raised to “rather uncomfortable levels” for these body parts.
This is what it’s taking for me to attempt to gain 5 pounds of muscle in 3 months and get ripped while doing it!….it’s not an easy road. But I think I put on 2 pounds last month alone. If you are doing less don’t expect to gain more:)
Remember, I have a high pressure job with long hours, and a family that I have to pay attention to as well. If you want it…you will MAKE the time! (5:30am)